Tuesday, 14 October 2014
04:01 Andy Robert No comments
The web today is very different from what it used to be before. Companies now have to consider search engine crawlers, algorithms, user experience and a host of other things when they get their websites designed. The architecture of your website is a make-or-break affair and bad architecture has very negative effects on your business. This need has seen many companies seeking to establish themselves on the internet laboring to isolate the best web design company from all the other players in the industry. The question of the best service provider has a rather personal answer which takes the unique needs of every business into consideration.
Nowadays websites have a number of requirements that go into the design process such as:
The website must be able to load pretty fast. Users will not wait around for websites that take ages to load. Consumers prefer fast loading websites and will abandon the search on your site and go to a competitor’s if yours takes forever.
You must consider mobile. Statistics have repeatedly shown the massive movement towards mobile internet usage by the majority of people the world over. This reality has seen companies falling over each other trying to ensure that their websites are compatible with mobile devices. Various new concepts have also come to the fore during this time and one that has gotten viral is the continuous scrolling design. Responsive web design saves you from having to finance the design of 2 websites to cater for the different platforms. Internet users also expect mobile websites to load as fast as or even better than their desktop counterparts.
Web users need a perfectly structured website that is easy to navigate. If a visitor runs into problems as they look for information or products then they will leave which costs you hugely in the long run. A lot of features are now something of a necessity if you desire a high quality working website. One example is the use of pop ups during the course of a visitor’s surfing. The pop ups can even intervene as a visitor is about to leave and inquire as to the reason. Such mechanisms go a long way in availing actionable information to your decision making processes.
Monday, 22 September 2014
23:34 Andy Robert No comments
In due course of time the incessant rise in number of sellers and buyers entering trading demands a transparent system to build trust among each other. Hence, it becomes essential on part of every trading company to employ trading surveillance services in order to remain compliant with ever changing rules and regulations. Along with various over the counter markets (OTC), natural gas trading poses huge challenges in regulating market transparency and unscrupulous practices. In recent past these challenges have become more sever in case of gas trading because the emergence of several trading practices are influencing the value of position and benchmark pricing. As a matter of fact, regulators demand strict surveillance into potentially abusive behavior. This is when energy trading surveillance services come into picture which is instrumental in keeping energy trading companies compliant with specific regulations.
Energy trading surveillance services
Surveillance companies help energy trading companies efficiently detect market abuse, suspicious trading, price manipulation and insider dealing, especially in case of gas trading companies. They help firms to be REMIT (Regulation on Energy Market integrity and transparency) compliant. Always, look for a provider that makes use of advanced surveillance technology and provides a complete market abuse monitoring and alert management solution.
- Monitoring and systematic management of market abuse and insider dealing activities
- Deep insight into potential incidents
- Complete compliance with REMIT requirements
- Enhance credibility of the trading firm
How to find a reliable energy trading surveillance service provider?
Surveillance is a crucial procedure for which you need to employ a reliable trading surveillance service provider. First thing first, start with a local web search which will lead you to numerous service providers online. Make sure you read the testimonials posted on the website of the companies you shortlist, before you make the final selection. This will give you a fair idea about the credibility of the company.
Monday, 25 August 2014
23:07 Andy Robert No comments
Customer management is crucial because the success of any business is directly proportional to the number of its satisfied customers. For this particular reason customer experience software solutions are developed so that the customers can get instant answers to their queries. A company that is able to guarantee a flawless and comprehensive platform for consumers gets in demand instantly. This happens due to the fact that everyone who requires a definite type of service needs to have a certain platform to ask for it. In this article, we will focus on travel and hospitality industry and how using customer service software may help.
When we talk about travel and hospitality industry, owners demand customer service software that is capable enough to provide detailed information to every user. To reduce unstoppable customer calls regarding a particular service, customer service software solution is imperative. Finding seamless and reliable information online is what every customer prefers and it should be a goal of every company to provide desirable qualities to the consumers.
Why do Travel Businesses Need Customer Service Software
Such software provides comprehensive information to customers, and solve their queries instantly so that they do not require to wait for a call center call to connect.
Customer emails are important and should not be ignored. If a customer receives a response instantly about their travel queries, then they prefer the same business again in future.
Multiple ways of finding information
Customer experience software solutions provide customers different ways of finding information. It can also be used to send outbound emails to a mailing list.
Easy Virtual Communication
In this technological era, virtual communication is essential if you want to remain ahead of the competitors. It is because of the fact that in order to know about an explicit service, sometimes web chat becomes an easier mode of communication.
Customers today are smart. Their moods and expectations are changing and they are looking for a company that can be at pace with them. There are numerous occasions including research, decision making and buying stages and a customer can abandon a session in a midway, without any particular reason, or due to a minor confusion. This can be reduced by providing personalized assistance to customers during transaction process. If they receive that timely help, they are more likely to complete their transactions and make a purchase from you on a regular basis.
Sunday, 17 August 2014
22:40 Andy Robert No comments
A light hearted look at what makes wool such a useful material, now and through the ages. Written professionally the article looks at some of wools best assets.
And how these unique properties can make your bed the perfect haven for a restful night’s sleep
Summer is most definitely here! Whilst we enjoy the heat by day, getting a good night’s sleep can be elusive with temperatures in non-air conditioned rooms reaching sweltering proportions. All over the UK, people are struggling to get the night’s sleep they need to function the next day… and we all know how some people handle this lack of sleep better than others.
And so it seems rather odd to think that the solution to keeping cool at night lies in wool. After all, look at any variety of sheep and you will think warmth – full delightful wool that we associate more with keeping the cold of winter away in woolly jumpers, cardigans and socks and thus, the thought of layering our bed with a wool duvet, mattress topper and pillows seems an odd thing to do in the sweltering heat of summer.
But take a walk through the qualities of wool and you will see just how intriguing a material this is…
Hygroscopic – not a word that is commonly used and you will be forgiven for having no idea what it means! In a nutshell, it describes the property of being able to absorb, retain and release moisture (and, in this case, without affecting wool’s thermal qualities). This is a property unique to not just wool, but to many others too including sugar, salt and honey.
This ability to ‘breathe’ means that wool has been recognised as a great insulator in buildings, especially in places where moisture or fluctuations in humidity is a concern. Hence woolly socks on wet wellingtons mean you still have dry feet. No wonder wool duvets and pillows are becoming an attractive purchase…
Noise – wool can soak up many things, from oil slicks in the sea to noise. Noise is a vibration and sometimes these acoustic interruptions are not welcome. In the home, for example, wool insulation is a great way preventing sound carrying from one room to another. All-in-all, a great property for bringing peace and relative harmony to a household.
Biodegradable – we are all being encouraged to take positive action, thus reducing our impact on the world and the limited non-renewable resources left. As a result, the ‘fashion’ of purchasing and using biodegradable materials has become a firm fixture. Rather than filling landfill with plastic that takes billions of years degrade (if it ever does…), we are now putting biodegradable material on the compost and using it to fertilise the garden. Wool that is no serviceable and done its job, like human hair, will eventually completely breakdown, releasing no harmful chemicals, gases or other nasty stuff that shorten the earth’s natural life.
Nitrogen – is an element that has fabulous properties, especially when released slowly and naturally from wool and other biodegradable substances. It is a rich and much needed fertiliser that surrounding plants and organisms will feed on, growing healthy and lush.
Non-combustible – we are all now aware of the need for new furniture and soft furnishings to ne non-flammable. This is a direct result of phasing out the use of materials that give off harmful gasses when they burn and wool has this magic property! Its flashpoint is around 570°-600° but below these temperature, in its untreated state, it chars, preventing the spread of flames. It then self-extinguishes.
And so, wool is a property with many intriguing qualities that not only keep you warm or cool (depending on the humidity levels, which it ‘works out’ for itself), it also keeps you safe.
Gueat author Paulin Beijen has written this article using her excellent knowledge of wool. Pauline founded Devon Duvets along with her husband and they began developing wool bedding from there very own flock of sheep. Today Pauline heads up a fantastic operation at Devon Duvets who are a big part in the resurgence of wool.
Wednesday, 6 August 2014
22:19 Andy Robert No comments
So you've got your servers and you've got your rack cabinets, so all is right with the world. Only when you start piecing your servers into their corresponding rack cabinets do you realize that they are incompatible! Now, the only thing you've got is a headache. Not all servers fit in all rack cabinets and not all rack cabinets can be modified to suit your needs. Before running out to grab the ibuprofen, consider these need to knows about your set-up.
- Rear door collision- In certain instances, everything fits in the front, and the server is in the rack cabinet, but the back door refuses to close. This is mainly an issue of OEM competition trying to squeeze technology into 1u and 2u servers. The manufacturers won't make the server box any taller or wider, but they will and do continually make them deeper, causing issues in the back of the rack cabinet. Two decades ago, a rack with a depth of 36 inches worked in virtually every scenario. In the early 2000's, the standard grew to 39.37 inches, or one meter. Now, racks are being stretched even more and are manufactured with depths of 42 and 44 inches.
- Check the rack holes- sometimes the smallest detail can be the biggest problem. Rack holes vary greatly; some server rails are only compatible with racks with square holes, others only work with round holes. Some rails are a combo and can work with either round or square holes, but not if they're threaded. Save yourself the hassle and always check the rails before dropping the cash on a server rack cabinet
- Obstructions within the cabinet can cause issues- specifications on cabinets often do not include what the rack looks like in between the front and rear mounting posts and additional mounting assemblage inside the cabinet, may collide with the OEM slide rails included with the server. If this is the case, the only option is to search for an aftermarket rail system that will accommodate the addition mounting obstructions.
- If unsure, always go bigger- in server racks, always go bigger if you have the space. Too small and you're left with two pieces of equipment that won't work with each other. Going bigger keeps you from the dreaded return/ exchange process and increases airflow and allows for more room for cable management.
- Check both internal and external specs closely- server racks are loosely categorized by their internal dimensions. For example, standard 42u server cabinets will have an internal height of 73.5 inches, with each unit measuring 1.75 inches. The issue arises with external specs. Though 42u server cabinets are categorized together, some of the external specs such as height and depth can vary by a number of inches, making a world of a difference when working in a confined allotment of space.
- Noise pollution-today's servers are loud. With the heavy-duty fans being used to cool the increasingly important functionality of the servers, it can be difficult to position server rack cabinets anywhere near people without the noise becoming a distraction. Some cabinets are created with this problem in mind, and manufacturers boast claims of reducing noise by as much as 80 percent.
- Shop around-with the explosion of cloud-based data systems, server racks are in-demand and pricey pieces of equipment. Manufactures constantly reinvent the wheel with server racks, and you can benefit from closeout pricing.
Make sure you do your research and take into consideration these seven helpful tips before purchasing your server rack.
Monday, 28 July 2014
01:31 Andy Robert 1 comment
The cloud revolution is here and it is here to stay. This reality is evidenced by the way cloud has found its way into most technologies. This growth has resulted in the gradual replacement of standalone legacy IT solutions with the all new software-as-a-service. IVR or interactive voice response has not been spared this upgrading and the result has been hosted IVR solutions.
What is IVR?
In the past, IVR Solutions employed pre-recorded voice prompts as well as menus to present options and information to the caller. The responses were entered by way of a touch-tone telephone keypad. This type of technology can be used to retrieve information such as product details, bank balance, mobile recharge balance, order status and a whole lot more.
IVR solutions have grown to be the backbone of customer contact centers to provide the user with a high quality service and numerous other benefits.
The advent of hosted IVR solutions has made it easy for you to equip your business with cutting edge IVR technology without investing the effort and costs associated with legacy solutions. Hosted solutions require no investment in equipment acquisition and maintenance, as all you need is your telephone system, while the IVR solution is maintained by the service provider.
Other factors that favour a hosted solution for your needs include:
- Easy expansion – Due to the location of the equipment at the hosting facility, upgrading and down grading becomes an effortless undertaking. It’s as simple as choosing a different package and the service provider will make all the necessary adjustments at their facility. This ensures that your business always has just what it needs, nothing less and nothing more.
- Monitor expenses in real-time – You can quickly work out your ROI in real time with a hosted solution. You can ascertain the precise number of calls, successful calls and abandoned calls among others.
- Focus on core-business functions – A hosted solution promises to get rid of excess baggage, allowing you to concentrate on your business. You don’t need to recruit technical personnel to deal with the IVR equipment or devote office space to such a set up.
Friday, 16 May 2014
05:14 Andy Robert No comments
The justice system is one of the institutions whose operations must be highly streamlined to ensure utmost efficiency and transparency. Technology is a critical factor in the improvement of operations within the justice system right from the police stations to the court rooms and the correctional facilities. One such technology that has hit the market is the corrections management software which correctional facilities can make use to enhance their activities.
Easy handling of institution's tasks:
Correctional facilities are usually heavily burdened with activities ranging from admission of new prisoners, tracking their court progress, administering punishments and releasing prisoners who have since finished their term in the correctional facilities and so on. If all these activities are handled manually, it can become overwhelming difficult for the employees. Delays will be a general problem day in day out and this greatly and adversely impacts the performance of the institution. It is, therefore, for such institutions to seek help from companies such as justice systems corp. to gain access to the appropriate technology.
Fewer mistakes and errors:
Specifically, justice systems corp. usually partner with criminal justice agencies, engineers, prisons, jails and juvenile facilities to integrate as well as maintain electronic security systems. Such technology and corrections management software among many others mainly helps in the elimination of possible errors that so much characterize heavy operations such as those of correctional facilities. Gone are the days when mistakes and errors were a frequent factor in the correctional facilities. With the right software, you will be in a position to handle data and information more accurately leaving little or no chances for errors that could cause problems. For instance, all the prisoners' information is well input in the database making it easier to retrieve whenever it is required. In this case, no prisoner will be released erroneously, and no mistakes will be made during the court proceedings.
Data sharing made easy:
Institutions within the justice system usually have to share information between them. With the proper software, the process will be made easier and faster and, therefore, avoiding any delays and possible errors.
When looking for the correct software, it is important to consider a few factors. For example, you may want to consider looking for a company capable of expanding and improving communication, security and safety systems in your facility. The most important thing, however, is to consider finding a company that has the ability to seamlessly integrate new technology with the existing facilities in your institution.